The Analytics Lab

Extracting Insights from Data

The Analytics Lab/
2 12, 2016

The Analytics Spectrum

By | December 2nd, 2016|Analytics|0 Comments

Gartner classifies analytics into four categories: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive. Descriptive analysis helps to describe a situation and can help to answer questions like What happened?, Who are my customers?, How many people visited the museum last month?, etc. Diagnostic analysis helps to understand why things and can answer questions like Why did it [...]

30 06, 2016

R Tools for Visual Studio

By | June 30th, 2016|R Tools|0 Comments

When I started learning R, I started with R Console and RStudio, which are both good. Two days ago, I came across a video I was watching that opened my eyes to R Tools for Visual Studio (RTVS). I have used Visual Studio now for over 10 years starting from VS 2003 when ASP.NET was in version 1.1, so [...]

10 06, 2016

Five Common Mistakes in R Programming

By | June 10th, 2016|R, R Programming|0 Comments

Both beginning and experienced R programmers make these common mistakes. When you run your program, and it generates an errors, first check the following errors before you waste additional time troubleshooting the error: Using the wrong case—help(), Help(), and HELP() are three different functions (only the help() will work). Forgetting to use quotation marks when [...]

9 06, 2016

Running My First R Program

By | June 9th, 2016|R|0 Comments

I wrote my first R program using R Studio, and quickly found out how this is different from running a java or C# program. The R program is very simple. The program generates 100 random numbers from normal distribution. So, using the interactive console, I typed "first()", and I received my first error. After some [...]

Load More Posts